DJ Moondance’s Shadium Arcadium…exactly what you think it is

Shadium Arcadium (!) cover artworkOn Saturday, Matt aka DJ Moondance released a very interesting 8-track mixtape. He combined eight Red Hot Chili Peppers' instrumental tracks (seven of which are from both of the John eras) with eight Eminem vocal tracks and created what he calls Shadium Arcadium. The results vary, but some songs, such as Universal Superman, an ecletic mashup of Parallel Universe are actually brilliant. So, if you fancy some unexpected Slim Shady over the Frusciante/Flea/Smith antics, this compilation is free to download over at Crash Album. The tracklisting is below, with explanations which tracks were mashed up.

1. Lost Under A Bridge - Under The Bridge + My Name Is
  2. Cleaning Up - Don't Forget Me + Cleaning Out My Closet
  3. Universal Superman - Parallel Universe + Superman
  4. Stand Tall - Soul To Squeeze + Till I Collapse
  5. Don't Mock Me - She Looks To Me + Mocking Bird
  6. Just Don't - Mommy Where's Daddy + I Just Don't Give A Fuck
  7. Gone Like Magic - I Could've Lied + When I'm Gone
  8. There She Goes - Dosed + Shake That

Since the songs are hosted on a bandcamp powered site, you can choose from a variety of file types, pick whatever suits your fancy.

You might also want to check out:
A couple of words on this compilation over on datpiff

*Thanks to Dan for the heads-up and to Mark for help with some of the Eminem song titles.

20 Reactions to DJ Moondance’s Shadium Arcadium…exactly what you think it is

1. Manu1236 says:

I've got a friend who love rap, I love peppers, it will be cool listening it together, its a very good mix.

2. Guest says:

This is seriously BRILLIANT. Thanks so much for posting.

3. CMD313 says:

Great idea, would like to hear some more of it. B)

4. Chris says:

Haha. Most of these sucks, but the best HAS to be the Dosed one. It has some moments that are completely off but some are just perfect 😀

5. Blub says:

How can someone do something like that to this great music?

That's some kind of cruel...

That just doesn't fit... I'm sorry...

• Xpld says:

It sounds nice, but I can't relate to it. The original meaning has been taken away...
      Maybe I would like it more if I didn't know the Chili-songs.

• Robin says:

I don't think that the original meaning of the Chili songs needs to stay in these new songs. They are new songs after all, they just use samples of Chili songs.

6. mark says:

i'm not a big fan of eminem but i think that it's a nice idea and dj moondance did a really good job here

when i read "shadium arcadium" i was like WHAT THE FUCK 😀 -> cool cover artwork

7. Shade says:

I'm not a really big enthusiast of 'these kind' of mashups, but I don't subscribe to the notion that they ruin the music at all. It's not really taking away from it, especially if you're not forced to listen to it (I'm talking about radio remixes/covers in public locations). Actually I think Cleaning Up is pretty suave a mix, it fits really snugly, both atmospherically and musically. Definately worth the listen.

8. Femme Fatale says:

definitly a mixed bag in terms of quality suppose its good for the novalty, when i was growing up eminem was my idol for a while, as much as his personality or media cartoon image is really cleche but his music is very powerful when he writes songs like stan, lose yourself ect

personal favourites till i collapse/soul to squeeze 😀

9. Chris G. says:

the dosed one was the best, haha. So bizarre with those lyrics. Fits really nice in most parts, but other, not so much.

10. ectogasm says:

Not great, managed to sync up the instrumental parts to his vocal tracks, but other than that rather meager accomplishment, wasn't much point to it.

11. GoodTimeBoys says:

Some of these are pretty good. I obviously love the Chili Peppers and I really like Eminem too, and although I like some of these songs I feel like this could have been done better. I'd love to hear someone like Danger Mouse or Girl Talk take a shot at mashing these two artists up, I think they'd probably do a better job.

12. Matty says:

I LOVE YOU ALL. MADE MY LIFE!

13. Sayre says:

Eh it's ok. I think it was a good idea, but i think there are better matches out there for the Chili Peppers other than Eminem .

14. Iggy says:

yeah i dont know about this, not really a fan of it. My favorite would have to be the mommy where's daddy mash up.

15. cheerfulsox says:

i respect Eminem's work but mashing it up with the Chili's songs...
    well, e.g. I used to like When I'm Gone by Eminem and I didn't really enjoy it mixed up with I Could Have Lied, as I know both songs well. though, the whole idea is nice as an experiment, i guess.

16. Baro says:

Just don't is awesome.
    Proving that Mommy where's daddy is an awesome song with highly annoying vocals.
    My recent post {lcdc:7} Cefalea tensional

17. kiyo says:

It just shows how simple minded rap music is, they take one riff and just repeat it for the entire song, totally uncreative in my opinion.