Stadium Arcadium 180 gram vinyl to be reissued for Record Store Day

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium vinyl LP

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium vinyl LP insert

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are entering the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in one month's time, John is not going to be there, but their record company, Warner Bros. and its affiliate labels is participating in the anual Record Store Day. One of their contributions is re-releasing Stadium Arcadium on four 180 gram vinyl LPs.

This is a very good news for audiophiles, given that the LP sets from the original 2006 print cost up to 300$ on various second-hand music marketplaces and that the 180 gram ones are often mixed up with the other, cheaper edition.

Here's the part of the Warner Bros. press release concerning this:

On April 14, 2012, the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and to commemorate this historic event, this classic Deluxe box set of the band's first number one album will be specially priced for Record Store Day. The Deluxe package was mastered for vinyl by Steve Hoffman and includes two 16-page booklets -- "Jupiter" and "Mars." The Red Hot Chili Peppers won four Grammy® Awards for Stadium Arcadium including: Best Rock Album, Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package in addition to Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group for their chart-topping, record-breaking single "Dani California."

This year, Record Store Day is on the 21st of April. They have not updated their website with information above, but one would assume they soon will.

37 Reactions to Stadium Arcadium 180 gram vinyl to be reissued for Record Store Day

1. Val says:

the Steve Hoffman master is so much better than the CD master by whats-his-face.

• Alan Elam says:

Yeah, I had the less expensive reissue, which was just two double album packages in double gate jackets housed inside a slipcase, on 140g vinyl. The sound quality was only adequate at best, and outright mediocre at worst. VERY muddy in spots, especially in the intro to "Snow (Hey, Oh"). Therefore, I can only assume that the cheaper SA vinyl must've been nothing more than a straight transfer from the CD master, with very little in the way of attention to detail. I was pretty bummed at missing out on the original 180g Boxset, but was happy just to have the cheaper version. Now, since my local record store IS participating in RSD, I'm hoping they get this in, b/c, in the words of Marcellus Wallace, "I'm ON the muthaf&%$r!"

2. Joe says:

This is so great!!!!! I'm very very excited about this. It's also a great motivation for me to get a new record player.

3. Mike says:

STILL WAITING FOR CALIFORNICATION.

4. Alex says:

I want this so hard!!! Can you only buy it at the Record Store Day website???

• Jacob says:

You go to a local record store on April 21st and get it i believe, if they're participating in the event. I'm pretty sure that the record store day website doesn't actually sell anything, its just the announcement page.

• Alex says:

Oh I see, thank you Jacob! Hope there's one near me participating *fingers crossed*.

• Jacob says:

I hope so too! Good luck! :) I think if you go to the recordstoreday website you can look up local stores that are participating, so try that. Lucky for me I was able to find the deluxe release from 2006 a few weeks ago for a decent price so I don't have to worry about it.

5. aaroncopel says:

Yeah you gotta go to a participating record store and hopefully they have it! There will be a line so get there early and get ready to throw some bows. I've went the last two years once in Santa Cruz to get an Opeth single and vinyl listeners/collectors don't play around. If you're down with the owner or the store employees ask if they can get it up front and get them to hold it for you otherwise you gotta work for it. I'm pumped this is a fun day and even better that this record will be available. Ace!

6. ShadowsCollide says:

"This is a very good news for audiophiles, given that the LP sets from the original 2006 print cost up to 300$"

Which one is this and how can you check? I have one but I'm not sure if it's the hard to find LP set or not. It has:
    - Shiny foil box cover, front and back.
    - 4 heavy LPs with a picture of each member of the band on each sleeve
    - Comes with two lyrics booklets as well.

Only cost me about £50 if I remember correctly. Would be nice to be worth $300!

I believe that you have the non-deluxe version. In the deluxe version, there's a larger box and it's stated that the vinyls are 180 gram.

Also, if I'm wrong, it could be that you bought it when £ and $ were further away from what they are now. E.g. there was a huge difference in early to mid 2008, right before the crisis.

• Jacob says:

No, They have the deluxe version.
      The Deluxe version is in the shiny foil box front and back, and each album is in its own sleeve, along with two lyrics books.
      The non Deluxe version comes in a smaller box with two gatefolds inside of it that have the lyrics printed on it, and it does not have the foil effect.

• ShadowsCollide says:

Yeah, this seems to be it. Thanks!

I think you're correct about the price thing Iva. I thought I was getting an awesome bargain when I got it!

7. Hi there, You've done a great job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.

8. akaidiot1990 says:

Hi All, I have some news I thought I would share on this release, as it has had me investigating for some days now. After speaking to my local record store here in the UK, they said they have no copies as they heard it was a US only product. I got in touch with Warner Bros and they said they were unsure (even though they are the ones with the stock) and that I should get in touch with Amoeba Records in the US. I got in touch with these and they said they did not have any copies as they had heard it was an EU only deal for RSD. I am now totally confused as to who would have copies, but my local record store said they would do some further investigation. I hope this helps, and if anyone can find any more info I would greatly appreciate it!

• Kelly Hanson says:

I contacted my local record store as well, in the US and they had not heard of the reissue. The rep for the RHCP's label from the store was going to check into it for me. I'll update here if I hear anything!

9. akaidiot1990 says:

• Jacob says:

Amoeba has some of the first release ones (I've seen multiple copies there and I even got mine there), no clue about if they're getting the RSD release though, the RSD website doesn't even show them on their list of stores.

10. aaroncopel says:

Dude, it's not looking good. I asked my people and they asked their people with same results...no dice. I couldn't find anything online other than here suggesting the release. Well I didn't gain or lose anything so I feel fine...Ace!

11. Hawaii 78 says:

You can go to warnerbrosrecords.com, search Red Hot Chili Peppers and 2006 Stadium Arcadium Deluxe Edition on vinyl is available. I ordered it last night:) $39.98 + s/h

12. lucAS says:

Rediculously overpriced. An album should not be 40$, I dont care if its 4 lps. 30$ at the most for that.

It's a 180 gram LP, which means it's of great quality. 40$ is not much for it at all. It's the postage that screws it up for most of us.

• Hawaii 78 says:

$40 for 180 gram pressing is a good price and having Stadium on vinyl is priceless. Shipping was $4. It would cost that much to buy locally with sales tax, gas and time..

13. ghsiii says:

Awesome, I ordered one too. Lets just hope Warner Brothers/Nonesuch deliver. When I ordered the regular SA on vinyl when it first came out they kept backordering and then told me it wasn't available so I cancelled the order. I'm excited to hear Steve Hoffman's mix.

14. Ilya Kovalchuk says:

just pulled the trigger on the deluxe fo forty dollhairs, woohoo!

15. Hawaii 78 says:

Having gotten the shaft twice before on SA, being on backorder and then cancelled b.s. I called Warne Bros and the order is ready to be shipped this week:) with no backorder issues.

16. Kelly Hanson says:

Already sold out at WB.com... I'm too late again! $40 is a steal as it goes for much more on eBay. Good luck to everyone who ordered one, hopefully they didn't oversell!

17. Jamesshrub says:

on amazon for $46

18. Paul says:

i dont get. it. was it only available at the 21 of march on that perticular site? i cantr understand everything, english is not my main language.
    My recent post An article on John in April issue of Visions (Germany)

19. Paul says:

My recent post An article on John in April issue of Visions (Germany)

20. Paul says:

My recent post An article on John in April issue of Visions (Germany)

21. Hawaii 78 says:

I received SA vinyl today:) Yay! It sounds as awesome as I hoped it would. The guitar solo on the end of Wet Sand is incredible.

22. dobyblue says:

Seller on eBay has 10+ copies sealed for $39.95/each and $3 shipping.

RSD pressing.