Ibanez WH10 is being made again – as Ibanez WH10 V2!

Ibanez WH10This just in from the Ibanez product manager of amps and pedals (who's a massive John fan, by the way).

At today's NAMM show in Nashville, TN, USA; Ibanez will unveal the WH10 V2, which is a reissue of the WH10 wah pedal. The pedal has been recreated and is the same as the old pedal with one upgrade, the case is metal, not plastic. The casing looks exactly the same and they even kept the same colors and all. It will sell for $99.99 in the US and is available in the fall.

This is extremely exciting for me as this pedal has been a favorite of mine for years and I am lucky enough to be in a position to reissue it. I want to get the word out to John fans that these will be available and they don't have to pay $400 on eBay anymore.

More details will be posted as soon as they're known. And you guys will get the inside scoop first.
For more on NAMM, click here.
For more in Ibanez, click here.
For a topic where this is discussed on the board, click here.

18 Reactions to Ibanez WH10 is being made again – as Ibanez WH10 V2!

1. Saman says:

2. tim says:

will it sell in uk?

3. Máté says:

ooo good news, good news!
    I was gonna bux a vox wah but I'll wait for the wh10 v2 release instead. A really great idea, Ibanez!

4. tim says:

how much?

• Sam says:

$100 for a pedal produced in the US usually equates to around £70-80 (I'm assuming your in the UK based on your previous post). Due to shipping costs; though it varies, I've seen pedals costing $120 selling in the UK for £115, so we'll see. But you can usually find a good deal if you do a bit of research online first. Other than that, it's really great news.

5. harrz says:

that means i have to sell my vintage wh10 before it drops in value ^^

• Emilio says:

dont sell it mate, hold on to it. if its an original hold onto it for dear life. fuck the money.

6. Mauro says:

That good news! 🙂

7. Pingback: Immer wieder John Frusciante... - Seite 123 - Musiker-Board

8. Caleb says:

This is great news! YES! My Dunlop Crybaby recently broke so I need a new wah so now I only have to wait a few months to get a 10x better one! WOO!

9. Rainer says:

I got my original wh-10 from a friend who sold it to me for just 30€ 😀

10. Jimmy says:

No fucking way!! :mrgreen:

11. Dakota says:

Its really true! Its on Ibanezs website!!! :mrgreen:

12. Fadeout says:

nice..I was just about to buy the Wilson Effects Ten Spot II (WH10 replica). Now I can get close to the real thing for half the price. I just hope they don't mess with the sound at all.

13. Steve says:

anyone who would pay more than 100$ for these is an extreme sucker. do not listen to anyone who says that the parts are no longer made, that's bs. it's an all op amp wha, no inductors. back when these were first made they were considered crap because a)they were made of plastic and b) they were op amp based and they didn't have inductors. back then that was reason enough to call them crap. if you like the old ones, the new ones should be just as good, better because of the metal case. ibanez only made these things 14 years ago, so why on earth would they not be able to reproduce them? you have to ask yourself why they stopped making them in the first place, right? if you like the way they sound great, but don't pay a lot for one, that's just crazy.

14. Fnkyfck says:

Can it be shipped to the Netherlands, I really want that pedal! O_O

15. David W says:

I own one of these, it's a very good wah pedal. It can take away your tone a bit. I got a bypass looper to get rid of that problem. I've seen loads of people say that the WH10v2 is nothing compared to the WH10.
    But you'll have to spend more.. and actually find one.