New Swahili Blonde album on 31st October, John’s on all tracks

Swahili Blonde's second album, Psycho Tropical Ballet Pink is set for 31st October release, rather than 02nd October like it was originally announced. Five tracks have been posted to the project's Bandcamp website so far. The album, unlike the previous one, will be released through Nicole Turley's newly-founded Neurotic Yell Records label.

As it was the case with the previous release, 2010's Man Meat John is featured on all tracks as the guitarist, but this time it appears that he did not take part in composing and production (he co-wrote Tigress Ritual with Duran Duran's John Taylor for the previous release) and it is still not clear if he's a band member, session musician for the studio tracks or something else.

Swahili Blonde - Psycho Tropical Ballet Pink

Swahili Blonde - Psycho Tropical Ballet Pink

However, the only thing that truly matters here is NEW MUSIC. So, enjoy!

Enjoy, this sounds awesome and a little birdie told us that something really nice happened exactly one month ago, thus making this a true labour of love. ^______^

18 Reactions to New Swahili Blonde album on 31st October, John’s on all tracks

1. Patrick says:

I'm sooo excited!! :-)

2. unfrieden says:

Well, this is nice, but... I'm gonna listen to the new RHCP instead.

No offense!
    But John should just make another solo record or a collaboration with Omar or Venetian Snares,... - Swahili Blonde has never been exciting for me.

3. andrew says:

yay! i love swahili blonde! they are very original, fresh and just sound cool
    much better than rhcp this days ( "I'm with you" is good cd but I feel songs are too radio-friendly, almost pop)

4. brummieapril says:

^What andrew said. I loved Man Meat, especially their cover of Bowie's "Red Money" which was excellent, and also "Tiny Shaman", which has been my personal favourite from the start. Really looking forward to this.

5. crambo says:

wow.... profoundly bad music. =/

someone needs to take the mic away from that lady.

6. colcoug55 says:

What happened a month ago that was so great

7. chrizzle says:

well, it sounds extremely, very, very, very strange to say the least :-P

I definitely prefer John on his solo album or with the peppers!!!!!!!!!!!

8. shirkan says:

honestly... where's the melody... this might be art, but it is NOT good music :-(

9. Jealous says:

This is some of the best stuff I've heard in a while and I wish Amazon was selling this damn album on their site.

10. Lindsey says:

exciting news! not a big swahili blonde person, but i enjoy a song now and then. hearing john's doing anything is always exciting. well, i'm positive he's always doing something, but when it's something we get to hear, it's even more exciting.

11. Lindsey says:

also, am i missing something, or i only see one track on bandcamp?

12. Isabela says:

sorry to say and happy for the marriage but this music is awful to hear, never mind if it is not the conventional kind of music, it is bad it sounds bad, it is ugly, we are only listening because John is involved....otherwise its crap!